29.1.12

Dr. Fish Cafe

So in order to get one of my biggest Korea Bucket List checks, last Sunday I went to a Dr. Fish cafe with a group of friends. 

There are several Dr. Fish cafes around, but we chose the one in Gangnam, because we were nearest to it. 

Once we got to the cafe, we were seated and ordered drinks (everyone has to get drinks and they are pretty insistent about it) and then filled up on the free toast and butter buffet while waiting for our drinks to come. 


Green Tea Latte!

The cafe was mostly just a normal coffee shop, with the extra perk of free toast. The fish seemed like kind of an afterthought, and we were the only ones to go anywhere near them the whole time we were there. I think the Dr. Fish fad is maybe just ending with the Koreans and the only ones left using it are the expats who think it seems like a funny blog post (me).

Mostly, it was just really really really scary. The fish were wayyy bigger than I wanted them to be.


It also tickled like a lot.



The fish really liked Tadhg, which I think mostly just means he has the grossest feet.



I didn't like it at all at first, like mayfly-season disliked. For someone who grew up with so much potential exposure to nature, I am sure frightened of everything it has produced.

Me not enjoying myself.

Tadhg's fish-covered feet. Ewww.

KK was pretty brave about it.


Nick and I. <3

This was as brave as I got. Look at all those disgusting fish!


No comments:

Post a Comment