15.2.10

Seollal

Yesterday was Korea's most important traditional holiday, Lunar New Year. So, I have today off of work! And on Friday the school had a special New Year's activity thing, and all of the kids came dressed up in hanbok, the traditional Korean clothing. I got to wear some, too but looked pretty ridiculous and unfortunately failed to get a picture. In class, we made these little yellow money bags and then the kids all had to go formally bow to the director of the school, and she gave them each an American dollar. Strange day.

Here are the kids in their hanbok:

Andy


Scott with his money/luck bag that we made as a New Year's craft and the $1 bill that he got from Director Lee. And his favorite photo face.

Jia
June- my newest student.
Daniel
Annie

And David.

Here the kids are all lined up in the auditorium getting lessons on the proper way to bow before they all had to bow to the director to get their dollars. This part was kind of stressful for me because I was worried that they would do something terrible and make me look bad in front of the director, but since all the instructions and everything were in Korean they did a pretty good job.

1 comment:

  1. Your students are adorable! I love it! XOXO - Carrie

    ReplyDelete