17.3.10

Samgyeopsal

Samgyeopsal is pretty much my favorite food in Korea. You go and you try to read the menu or, if you are lucky, Minji comes with you and helps. First, you pick out a few kinds of meat, for example, samgyeopsal, which is like thick bacon. Then they bring you hot coals and a grill and you cook the meat at your table. Once it is cooked you put pieces of the meat in lettuce wraps with various condiments and eat it. Delicious.

Here is Jon, a friend from Korean class, grilling for us man-style.
This is kimchi, Korea's favorite food. (For real, I asked all of my kids yesterday what their favorite food was, and probably 50% said kimchi.)


Here you can see the samgyeopsal being cooked and some other sort of marinated meat that I don't remember the word for.


Kyle and Hannah ignoring my request to look happy.


Minji looking adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment