23.10.10

Hanbok!

I forgot to put these on here earlier. The pictures are from my school's Chuseok festivities. Chuseok is the Korean version of Thanksgiving. Wikipedia will tell you all about it if you want to know:

Here my children are acting like monkeys in their very expensive clothing.



I <3 Scott.



Here we are making songpyeon which are little balls made of glutenous rice flour, stuffed with sweet red beans, and rubbed with sesame oil. They are one of the traditional Chuseok foods, and the kids insist that they are "a delicious food." I was too afraid of the 7-year-old germs to try them.





Lined up to show off their hanbok.



We did many scissors-and-glue-involved activities.



All the other girls were jealous of Carly's headband.





Joe's gluestick microphone led to a wonderful rendition of yellow submarine.





No comments:

Post a Comment