15.6.11

Red Ginseng Spa

Last weekend a couple of my friends and I headed to a small town a four-hour bus ride south of Seoul to go to the Jinan Red Ginseng Spa. It was an excellent time.

Things are so much prettier outside of Seoul-this is the view from the roof of the spa. I stole the next three pictures from their website because I didn't want to ruin my camera by getting it wet.



The whole thing was like a program where you went from room to room having weird life experiences.

Here is the room where you lie wrapped in a sheet in a box full of hay. This room taught me just how incapable I am of relaxing. I just don't understand why you would be awake and not doing something.



This was my favorite weird life experience. The bubble room! You sat in a room that had fountains of red ginseng-scented bubbles.



Marina and Jiyoung on the bus there.



Kelly Katharine and Becky.



Outside the spa.



Group shot.



KK and Becky relaxing in the lobby post-spa.



With the red ginseng.



And again.



We ate at a really nice restaurant that even had a vegan option! This was some sort of spicy stir-fry of root vegetables. It was sooo good.



The non-vegans had roast-duck skewers.



It's really weird to be able to afford things like going to spas and especially staying in spa hotels. But our room was lovely and only cost like $100 for the five of us.



Nature. Jinan smelled so much better than Seoul.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Sounds like you had a great time! I'm planning on going to this spa within the next few weeks, but I was wondering if you need someone who speaks Korean to go with you or if they have someone who speaks (at least a little) English.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete