2.1.10

boobi-boobi

On Wednesday night I went out with my coworker Devon to a bar called boobi-boobi. I was disappointed to find that everyone present was fully clothed. It was very luxurious nonetheless. And by luxurious I mean this chair made me feel like a princess.




















Here is Devon, my coworker, and the very adorably presented soju cocktail we purchased. Also, those little things in the bowl are some sort of Korean puffed rice or something snack food that are incredibly delicious and served at almost every Korean-style bar I have been to.















I like these kinds of places much better than the foreigner-style clubs in Hongdae and they usually end up being much cheaper even with the food that you are required to buy.

Also: Lord do Koreans like to go out. This bar is one of maybe 8 or 9 on the same block and one of maybe 10,000 in Seoul and even on a Wednesday it was full until 3AM.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura; here is the Christian writing from LA. I just got back from China where I had a similar experience to you: I rode a cable car. While I was riding it up to the great wall, I kept thinking about the differences between cable car / gondola / and funicular. Did you think the same? My favorite is funicular because it has fun and ick tied so closely together plus that the same ending as tubular, so it is a swell time. I am reading a great deal of Dickens right now and relishing his alliteration. All the best.

    ReplyDelete