14.1.10

Here I am drinking some makgeolli, which is a Korean rice wine and my favorite of the Korean alcoholic beverages, while studying some Korean at a flea market. Makgeoli usually comes in a gold teapot thing but things are not so classy at the flea market. You drink out of bowls! So much more fun than drinking out of cups.


Here is Katie drinking from her bowl. We were also very excited to find that a bottle of makgeoli only costs 2,000 won (less than $2.00) at the flea market. Bargains galore.


Here are some pictures from a previous evening out with Katie and Ji Soo. We met up after work and went for fancy schmancy drinks.

Then we got the weirdest assortment of foods imaginable at some restaurant/bar.

Here we have some mashed potatoes with sprinkles. And maybe some cabbage?

Corn salad and a variety of meats. This was the normal part I guess.


And my favorite: cornflakes, red beans, shaved ice, a tomato and more sprinkles. It wasn't that bad, really.

J likes the egg soup stuff. And by that I mean just kidding, I ate the entire bowl.



Tonight Kyle and I are meeting up for dinner. I will try to remember to take pictures. Hope all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment