8.7.11

Rainy Day Jeon

In Korea, when it rains, which it seems to do all of the time lately, you are supposed to eat Korean pancakes and drink magkeolli, this this rice wine. So, tonight when I met with Jaeyeon for our language exchange, we went to this cute little traditional restaurant near Sangsu to give it a shot.

This is me with the makgeolli.



We settled on kimchi pancake which was delicious but full of little squid tentacles. Oh my!



Close-up. The purple things are the tentacles which I totally ate without dying.



And because we weren't quite full we ordered the acorn jelly salad which was excellent and did not contain any sort of sealife that I could find.



At any rate, it doesn't seem that our meal stopped the rain, but it was pleasant nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment