6.7.11

Eating Meat in Korea

So, I've given up on veganism for the time being. I've been in no mood to cook. It was really exciting at first to be able to eat anything I wanted, but now it's making me feel lethargic and unhealthy, so I think it's back to a vegetable-based diet for me soon.

In the meantime, I've been trying to have some new meat eating life experiences. So, last week at my language exchange, we met up in Sinchon and went out for Chinese-style lamb skewers. It was delicious.

I love that so much of the meat people eat here is grilled at the table. It makes the whole dining experience so much more exciting.



I haven't showered in days! As usual, I suppose.



MEAT!!!



We also had some sort of spicy-noodle soup which was really nice. It's interesting how much Chinese flavors differ from Korean ones. We also had Chinese-style dumplings (but I forgot to take a picture) which tasted just completely different from any of the Korean dumplings I've had and also very different from the dumplings I had in Taiwan.



We also split a bottle of Tsingtao which was a very nice change of pace from all of the cheap Korean beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment