25.7.11

Russian Foodz.

On Saturday, Josh, Jiyoung and I met up and went to Gostiniy Dvor for dinner. The restaurant was small and near to Dongdaemun and pretty bizarre to get to in that all of a sudden you are in Korea but all of the people (many of whom I would have guessed were Korean) were speaking Russian and everything was in Cyrillic.

We started out with some vodka shots.



Which we chased with the pickled stuff platter. The pickles weren't sweet which is like a miracle in Korea.



Then we had lamb ravioli things which I presume are not actually called ravioli in Russia but I have no better way to describe them.



And stuffed bell peppers. Yum.



The spread. We also had borscht and these stuffed pancake things which were delicious.



And we ran into one of my friends there who kindly took this lovely photograph of us being too stuffed to move after the meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment