8.2.12

Bo-Ssam

Bo-ssam are Korean lettuce wraps that you make yourself from a platter of meat and vegetables with some sauces. It is pretty much the only thing on my To Do Before I Leave list that I actually haven't ever done, so I last Friday I convinced a couple of my coworkers that they too wanted to try it. We headed to a restaurant that is under our school where we've been once before when it first opened this summer. There isn't much variety on the menu, so we don't go often, but everything I've tried has been good and the owner speaks excellent English.

First, they brought us rice with seaweed....

KK's kimchi/seaweed art.
and obvs some kimchi.

kimchi. kimchi.
We ordered a potato pancake while we waited for the bo-ssam.

Kamjajeon-Potato Pancake.
And eventually this lovely platter arrived.

All the stuff to make wraps.
I love participatory foods.

Nom.
Two delicious Bucket List checks in one meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment