18.12.09

Friday.

Emily thinks I need to write more so here is an update. It is Friday and I am excited for the weekend. I don't have to do that much in my classes today though because the kids are taking level tests. All I have to do is ask them all of the speaking questions which is pretty easy. It is really pretty incredible how well the kids all do even though they are only 6 or 7.

This week has been pretty good. On Tuesday I went out with my friend Kyle and one of his Korean coworkers Minji. She was really nice and we went out for Korean food and it was really good and nice to have someone there who knew what was going on.

Yesterday I went out with my coworkers to this Irish bar called Madigans that they all always go to on Thursdays. Everyone has been super nice to me and they are all pleasant and fun so I think I will end up enjoying my work environment pretty well once I understand better what is going on.

Tonight we all have to go out for dinner with the director of the school and all of the Korean head teachers which should be interesting. Apparently these company dinners are a big deal here. So we will see how it goes. I hope i don't do anything really rude or anything.

A couple weird things about Korea:

You can't drink the water. That makes everything a little more difficult since you have to cook and stuff with bottled water. I'm not sure why you can't drink the water and I have met some people who do but even the school has drinking water machines so I figure I won't mess with the tap water just yet.

Koreans don't believe in flushing toilet paper down the toilet so they always put it in the garbage can. I find that kind of gross and it is really unnecessary since the plumbing is all the same as in the west. I think it is just tradition or something.

There are fish tanks everywhere that you can buy fresh fish out of to eat. They kind of freak me out because they don't have lids and I am always worried the squid are going to jump out at me.

Anyway, I should get back to work I suppose but wanted to give a quick update. I will try to remember to take pictures when I go out this weekend and post them. I just always seem to forget and I always feel kind of rude taking pictures. But I will try.

Hope all is well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment