27.12.09

National Museum of Korea

Today I decided to force myself to do something touristy since this is the only real break I will have 'til next summer. So off to the National Museum of Korea I went! My windows are all covered so I didn't notice that it was snowing until I got outside. That was a nice surprise and museums are a great way to spend a cold day I figure.

Pictures from museums are always really lame if you haven't been there, but here are a few anyway:



















































I thought the museum was kind of boring architecturally....but the exhibits were pretty interesting. Lots of pottery, lots of silk prints and then rooms that had art from China, Japan, Vietnam and Uzbekistan. Check out this bike from the Vietnam exhibit covered in basketwoven fish traps. Someone had to ride around with that!


















And here is a kind of weirdly western silk screenprint of bookshelves that I liked:

No comments:

Post a Comment