21.12.09

Seoul Tower and Noraebang



















This is a view of Seoul out the window of the Seoul Tower. I went there with Katie and one of my old roommates Christian and his girlfriend. It was kind of overpriced like most touristy things but was worth it. The tower itself is on a mountain that you can either climb up or ride up in a cable car. We chose the cable car because hiking in this weather doesn't really sound very pleasant. I had also never been in a cable car so that was pretty cool. Then you take an elevator to the top and there is a viewing deck. Seoul is really big. Really big.

And a picture of the tower from the bottom.



































This is me in front of this kind of kitschy pagoda thing in front of Seoul Tower. But it was really pretty colors and looked really cool in pictures on the other girl's camera.

























These two are kind of terrible pictures. But Noraebang in Korea's version of Karaoke. You rent a little room and they bring you beer and snacks and you sing yourself hoarse. There are weird videos that play in the background that have absolutely nothing to do with the music being played and somehow the music itself makes you sound not nearly as bad as you should. That might also be the beer really though.

I also had my first company dinner this weekend but for some reason I can't find any of the pictures from it. These dinner things are apparently kind of a big deal here and I'm not entirely sure why but it was pretty fun and they paid so whatever. Someday I will have to take pictures of the kind of meal we had because it was pretty cool. Each table has its own grill and they bring you this really thick bacon that you grill yourself, lots of sidedishes (as always in Korea) and you wrap the sides and the pork in lettuce and eat it with spicy pepper sauce. It is really pretty delicious.

This weekend I also went to my first Korean class which ended up being great because the whole group including the teacher went out for dinner afterward and then for drinks and to a Noraebang. So I actually got to hang out with some Koreans which was interesting and a lot of fun. They take the Noraebang incredibly seriously though which is kind of great.

Anyway I have to write a million evaluation things for all of my students so I am off.

No comments:

Post a Comment